4 Thai Iced Coffee Recipes You’ll Want To Try Out
For those of us who have had the pleasure of traveling to Thailand, we know that there’s nothing quite like an authentic glass of Thai iced coffee. This sweet and refreshing drink is a staple of Thai coffee culture, and for good reason – it’s absolutely delicious! But what do you do when you’re back home and craving that unique taste of Thailand? We’ve gathered four amazing Thai iced coffee recipes that will transport you straight back to the streets of Thailand. So grab your favourite Thai coffee beans or ground and get ready to enjoy some serious coffee heaven with these authentic and delicious Thai iced coffee recipes.
1. Classic Thai Iced Coffee By Coffee Culture – กาแฟเย็น Coffee Culture
Thai iced coffee is a perfect blend of bold coffee and sweetened condensed milk, creating a refreshing coffee beverage perfect for any time of day. In this video, we’ll walk you through how to make a delicious Thai iced coffee using locally sourced ingredients and our expert tips. So, grab your coffee maker and let’s get started!
- Pour in your freshly brewed double shot espresso into a glass.
- Now, we’ll add in the condensed milk. This is the sensitive part as it depends on how sweet you like it. Start with 1/2 teaspoon first. If you prefer a sweeter coffee, add more condensed milk to taste.
- Add in 1/2 shot of unsweetened condensed milk. Stir well until combined.
- Serve your Thai Iced Coffee over ice and enjoy the sweet and refreshing taste of this classic coffee.
2. Oliang Thai Iced Coffee Recipe – กาแฟโอเลี้ยง
This unique coffee drink is made using brown sugar and your favorite espresso, creating a sweet and satisfying brew. To make Oliang coffee, follow these simple steps:
- Fill a glass with brown sugar – 1 1/2 Teaspoon more or less based on your preference.
- Pour in your favorite espresso – Double Shot
- Stir until the sugar has melted and mixed with the espresso
- Serve over ice for a refreshing coffee experience
With its sweet and smooth flavor, Oliang coffee is a perfect pick-me-up for those who love their coffee with a little extra sweetness. So why not try making this traditional Thai coffee drink at home today!
3. Kaafe Boran – กาแฟโบราณ
กาแฟโบราณ (pronounced “kaafe boran”) is a traditional Thai coffee recipe that dates back to the 19th century when coffee was first introduced to Thailand.
To make Kaafe Boran, you will need the following ingredients and equipment:
- Coarsely ground coffee beans (preferably dark roast)
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Thai-style coffee filter
- Cloth filter (muslin or cheesecloth)
- Heat-resistant glass or mug
- Kettle or pot
- Fill the bottom chamber of the Thai-style coffee filter with coarsely ground coffee beans. Press down lightly to level the coffee.
- Boil water in a kettle or pot.
- Pour the boiled water into the top chamber of the coffee filter and let the coffee drip through the filter into a heat-resistant glass or mug. This process may take a few minutes.
- Once the coffee has finished dripping, pour the coffee through a cloth filter to remove any remaining coffee grounds.
- Add sweetened condensed milk to taste.
- Stir well and enjoy your delicious cup of กาแฟโบราณ!
Overall, Kaafe Boran is a rich and flavorful coffee that is enjoyed by many in Thailand. The use of a cloth filter and the traditional Thai-style coffee filter gives the coffee a unique taste and texture that sets it apart from other coffee brewing methods.
4. Yok Lor Iced Coffee A Classic Thai Recipe – กาแฟยกล้อ
“กาแฟยกล้อ” (pronounced “kaafae yok lor”) is a traditional Thai coffee recipe that is also known as “coffee wheelie”. The name “yok lor” translates to “wheelie” in English. The recipe uses strong coffee and adds sweetened condensed milk, which gives the coffee a creamy and sweet taste. The origin of กาแฟยกล้อ is not entirely clear, but it is believed to have originated in the street food stalls of Thailand in the mid to late 20th century. The recipe has become very popular in Thailand and is now commonly found in coffee shops and street food stalls throughout the country. Here’s a step by step guide on how to make a Yok Lor Iced Coffee:
How to Make A Thai Yok Lor Coffee
Step 1: Start by brewing a double shot of espresso. The strong coffee flavor is what makes Thai Yok Lor Iced Coffee unique.
2: While your espresso is brewing, place a teaspoon of brown sugar in a glass. Stir until it’s fully dissolved.
Step 3: Pour in your freshly brewed double shot espresso over the dissolved brown sugar. Stir well until fully combined.
4: Add ice to the glass and pour in a shot of unsweetened condensed milk.
Step 5: Stir well until the condensed milk is fully mixed with the coffee.
6: Enjoy your delicious Classic Thai Yok Lor Iced Coffee. Sit back, relax and savor the sweet and creamy flavors of this classic Thai drink.
And there you have it! A delicious and refreshing Thai Yok Lor Iced Coffee. Try it out today and let us know what you think in the comments below.
We hope you enjoyed discovering these four amazing Thai iced coffee recipes! We’ve spent countless hours testing and perfecting these recipes to bring you the most authentic and delicious experience possible. Of course, everyone’s taste preferences are different, so feel free to adjust the sweetness and spice levels to your liking. And don’t forget, the type of coffee you use can make a big difference in the final flavor, so feel free to experiment with your favorite brands and roasts until you find the perfect fit. With these recipes in your arsenal, you’ll be able to enjoy the taste of Thailand anytime, anywhere. So grab your ingredients and get brewing – your taste buds will thank you!